Among different types of oils used by people across the world, the sesame oil has more popularity. More and more numbers of people tend to use this oil and the reason for this is its health benefits. When comparing to other types of oils, sesame oil contains a lot of health benefits. This makes people to consume this oil in large number and use this oil in their day to day life. This oil has many health benefits and it can be used in countless ways to improve our health.
Before going to look the benefits of the sesame oil, first look what is this oil?
What is sesame oil?
The sesame oil is a vegetable oil which is obtained from the sesame seeds. That is, this edible oil is abstracted from the seeds of the sesame plant. This oil is used as cooking oil in the southern India. The rich health benefits it provide make people use it in their food preparation. This is a perfect alternative for the normal vegetable oil which gains sufficient popularity in recent days. Apart from using for cooking, this oil is also used in massages also. The sesame oil is also known as til oil and gingelly oil It has distinctive fragrance and appears to be either thin or thick in texture
Health benefits of sesame oil
Good for hair
- Sesame oil plays a vital role in improving the health of the hair.
- Using sesame oil for the hair will retain its natural colour
- Also, those who want to prevent their hair loss and minimize hair loss can try this oil. The reason is the sesame oil contains anti-bacterial contents that fighting off against the bacteria and other pathogens that affect the scalp.
- When applied to the hair, it prevents dry scalp which reduces dandruff and also nourishes the hair and its follicles.
- The combination of sesame oil and skin health is extremely beneficial since sesame oil contains the high substance of minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium and calcium.
- It is rich in Vitamin B Complex and E, which greatly benefit the skin health.
- With the powerful combination of sesame oil and skin health, the skin can be protected from other severe skin diseases such as blemishes, psoriasis, and eczema.
Best healing property
- Sesame Seed Oil is well known for its healing properties.
- This oil also has healing power in the presence of maximum polyunsaturated fatty acids on foods. Thus it considerably reduces the amount of blood pressure in the body.
Other health benefits
- Apart from this, the sesame oil is used in the treatment of Migraines, Hepatitis, and Diabetes as well.
- It has also shown promising results in the treatment of melanoma (skin cancer), and colon cancer.
- Sesame oil is also effective as a treatment for gum problems and toothache.
- Other health benefits of Sesame oil include; keeps the skin soft and healthy, keeps joints flexible, heals and protects mild scrapes and cuts, tightens facial skin and reduces pore size.