Diwali is a most important festival for the Indian people. People all over the India eagerly waiting for this festival every year and celebrate this festival. This is one of the most colourful festivals celebrated by people of India. A lot of things associated with this diwali like dresses, crackers, colourful lights etc. One of the most important aspects of diwali is the sweets. Diwali sweets are very special among all the people in the country.
People prepare different sweets in their home for Diwali. Those who are not able to prepare sweets order sweet box online and offline and celebrate this festival. Sweets have a good combination with this festival.
Although people make different sweets for diwali, the Halwa occupies an important role. More and more numbers of people prepare Halwa for diwali. Halwa is a very popular sweet among a number of people. It is a very popular dessert in the Middle East, South East Asia, Europe, North Africa and Central Asia. Special Halwas are prepared by the people for Diwali celebration. People make this dessert by using different food items. Thus, there are different Halwa recipes
Here are some of the best halwa recipes for you.
- Regular white bread
- Khoya – 100 grams Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 cup 1/2 cup Dry fruits
- Crumble the khoya and mix well with the breadcrumbs.
- Add milk, sugar and cardamom powder and combine well.
- Now spread the ghee on a non-stick pan then onto a medium heat.
- Add the prepared mix to the pan and mix well.
- Cook on a low heat, till the oil, starts separating from the mix and garnish with dry fruits
- Carrots – 1 lb
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Cashew and raisins
- Grate the carrots and cook them with the milk in a pressure cooker
- Heat sugar and ghee in a non-stick pan. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the pressure cooked carrots and milk. Stir well.
- When the milk condenses and the Halwa begins to thicken, remove from flame.
- Garnish with the cashews and raisins and serve
- 2 cup suji
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbs ghee or butter
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Cashews and raisins
- Heat ghee in a kadai over medium heat
- Add suji and fry for 10 minutes over a low heat until suji is in golden colour.
- Now add sugar, cashews, raisins, almonds, cardamom powder and stir again for few minutes over medium heat.
- Then add milk, water and stir it constantly till it absorbed all the milk and water.
- Garnish with cashews, raisins or almonds
Prepare these wonderful desserts for this Diwali and enjoy your Diwali with this delicious Halwas.