Testing is one of the most crucial processes that decide the success of a software product. The positive result in the testing ensures the quality and correctness of the product in a clear-cut manner. Otherwise, the product would not work properly and there are more chances for reduced sales.
The testing process detects the bugs or flaws in the product however it consumes more time and cost. In such a case, automation testing is adopted in which the QA team make use of software tools to run the repetitive and data-centric tasks automatically. This automated testing enhances software quality and requires limited resources.
What Is Automation Testing?
An automation tool is mainly carried out with the help of automation tool to run the test case suite. This automation software can able to enter test data in the specific product, compare expected and actual results and deliver detailed test reports. The main objective of the automation is to minimize the number of test cases that run manually and not to avoid manual testing altogether.
Which Test Cases Can Be Automated?
The test case of the software product differ from one organization to another and selected one can be automated to increase ROI. Some of the common test cases can be automated are
- Test cases that are tedious to perform manually
- Test cases that are executed repeatedly
- Test cases that require accurate results
- Test cases the consumes more time to execute
- Best Practices of Automation Tools
First of all, understand the scope of automation while starting the project. Search for the popular automation tools that could help you to achieve the testing goal and fit for your business requirements. Then, opt out the best framework and write the scripts based on standards to meet the end user satisfaction.
You have to compare the manual effort with automation in accordance with some metrics. In these days, there are a plethora of software tools available in the market. Selenium is an advanced automation-testing tool which can be implemented easily. Provide selenium training for the testers and lead your business in the competitive market.
Benefits of Automation Testing
- The drawbacks of manual testing can be rectified in the automation testing process like time, resource, effort, etc.
- Automation testing can be executed without human intervention and save money on recruiting professionals for the manual process.
- Automation testing increases the speed of test execution and completed within a short, thus marketing the product earlier.
- The repetitive task in manual testing leads to error, whereas automation accurately tests them.
- The different types of testing that can be automated are functional testing, regression testing, smoke testing, unit testing, integration testing, data-driven testing, and black box testing.
Thus, these are information related to automation testing in various tech platforms. An organization must select the perfect automation tool, testing process, and skilled team to automate software testing successfully. It is better to integrate manual and automation testing methods for yielding expected outcomes.